You've hit a speed bump at work and even though you've always been able to figure it out, you don't see a clear path forward. It's a little scary.
Hi I'm Justin,
I help highly successful achievers like you shift back into gear and move forward. I help you level up.
Level up means:
- See what's getting in your way, so you can get back on track and get what you want
- Take control of your situation and do what's right for you, without waiting on others to help you with what you need
- Get promoted, recognized and rewarded for your value
1) I speak your language
- If you're a Private Equity MD or Principal, we can talk about the internal politics of the fund, how to position deals for committee and get paid what you're worth over time. Psychology of people or deal mechanics, turns of leverage and IRRs, we can address it all.
- Whether you're a Hedge Fund PM or Senior analyst, we can talk about your strategy for making money this year, how the book is positioned, and how to manage the seemingly endless stresses and distractions of each day. If you're thinking of shifting from one fund to another, like from a long-leaning thematic center book to market neutral, I can help you understand the pros and cons.
- With Investment Banking MDs and Directors, we talk about how to win more deals, get promoted, and manage your stress, to create more time for a personal life.
- For top producing Real Estate professionals, I know what its like to build a small business with a meaningful bottom-line: the never ending list of to-dos, sourcing new clients, providing a consistently great experience, and keeping all the parts of the office and team moving, while still finding time for your family.
2) I understand you
I grew up as the son of a brain surgeon, went to Princeton and worked on Wall Street for 15 years. I was an investment banker at Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs, and a special situations investor at Perry Capital, and a hedge fund analyst at Millennium Management, Moore Capital and Perella Weinberg. I get the stress you experience on a daily basis. I'm also a competitive squash player and love the thrill of winning.
After 15 years of banking, special sits, and hedge funds, I finally slowed down in 2015, I realized I wasn't happy with my career trajectory even though I was so good at tolerating the job on the surface. The path ahead felt pretty empty, and my peers were encouraging me to "just get back to the grind." During those 'dark' days, I had the good fortune to meet an executive coach on the squash court: during regular executive coaching sessions, I took the opportunity to spit out everything on my mind, clear out the emotions, reassess priorities and get back out there.
When you combine people who have a history of crushing it, but are a little stuck, with a few months of executive coaching, the results are parabolic.
3) The Power of Coaching
As a coach, I've been amazed at what's possible when you combine coaching with people who have a history of crushing it, but are a little stuck. What may feel unchangeable today is changeable. I've studied and practiced coaching over the past few years with the intensity of a hedge fund analyst. I have become fascinated with our ability to change the default outcome by asking others to help us see ourselves more clearly. Through a coaching partnership, fears and anxieties that used to drain us, lose their power over us, and we can change our course from what felt like the inevitable path.
Through being coached and making radical self-evolution, I saw the power of coaching and thought I could help a ton of high-achieving, smart and stuck professionals live a better life and get more of what they want. As a coach, I bring my deep knowledge of the investing process and my love of human behavior to help you move forward.
Yes, I eat my own cooking. I currently work with an executive coach and a brilliant marketing coach; they are core to my success and challenge me to grow each week.